DMD 1.072 and DMD 2.057 64bit on Mac OS X

Alex Rønne Petersen xtzgzorex at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 09:37:20 PST 2011

On 15-12-2011 18:04, Somedude wrote:
> Le 14/12/2011 11:07, Alex Rønne Petersen a écrit :
>>
>> No point maintaining something that won't be used. I would also imagine
>> that it can't be long before Windows stops supporting 32-bit.
>>
>> - Alex
>
> You imagine wrong. A large percentage of Windows users are still on Win
> XP 32 bits (like me).

Amount of users has nothing to do with whether Microsoft will continue
to support it. Microsoft has well-defined lifecycles for support on
their products. I'm not sure what you being on a 32-bit OS from 2001 has
to do with my imagination of the future in 2011. :)

There are many reasons a company like Microsoft would want to let 32-bit
x86 die; only having to maintain one platform being one of such. It is
undeniable that the trend is going towards 64-bit (and this is a Good
Thing, obviously).

- Alex