D1 to be discontinued on December 31, 2012

Hans Uhlig hans.uhlig at teamaol.com
Thu Dec 15 13:09:44 PST 2011

On 12/13/2011 1:59 PM, Bane wrote:
> Walter Bright Wrote:

>>> Yeah, I noticed that. I'm still using D1. I usually don't have time to try all
>>> beta versions or releases for that matter. Your making solid improvements in
>>> every release and I'm grateful for that. I apologize if I haven't shown any
>>> gratitude.
>>

>> It's not really about gratitude, but just letting me know that there's a point
>> to doing those releases.
>
> <broken_record>
> <suggestion>
>   Forum, registered users, pool/email pool = feedback :)
> </suggestion>
> </broken_record>

Forum/Registered Users, Unless you are regularly cleaning out inactives
this number means nothing about a current userbase.

pool/email pool? Are people emailing that I havent heard of. I am on a
quite a few mailing lists I cant remove myself from due to lost
passwords, or just a lack of caring. Alot of times I just feed them to
my spam filter and they stop showing up anymore. I am still a registered
user though. This number means nothing.