Deprecated typedef

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Dec 15 23:41:06 PST 2011

I know that this might be too late but wouldn't it be possible to defer
the error message about typedef to later in the compile phase. Making it
possible to put a typedef in a version statement, something like:

version (D_Version2) {}
else {
     typedef int foo;
}

This would allow to both support D1 and D2 in a library without the need
for string mixins. Obviously the compiler still knows about typedef
since it can give a proper error message about it so I was hoping it
wouldn't have to be as the case with the new D2 keywords which do
require a string mixin if you're supporting both D1 and D2.

--
/Jacob Carlborg