64-bit DMD for windows?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Dec 16 02:48:43 PST 2011

On Friday, December 16, 2011 11:09:25 Jakob Ovrum wrote:
> On Friday, 16 December 2011 at 09:56:47 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> > considering that there are no x86 chips sold these days which
> > aren't x86_64, I find it rather baffling that Microsoft even
> > sells a 32-bit version of Windows.
>
> This is simply not true. I don't know about processors sold
> separately, but many netbooks and laptops still come with 32 bit
> processors.

Hmm. That's the first I've heard of 32-bit x86 processors in ages. All of the
ones that I've seen or heard about for quite a while have been x86_64, even if
they're running 32-bit Windows. The only 32-bit processors that I've heard
about are ARM processors. I guess that I don't pay enough attention to that
sort of stuff.

- Jonathan M Davis