dmd/druntime/phobos makefile horror

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Dec 16 10:27:45 PST 2011

On Friday, December 16, 2011 18:45:01 Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 12/16/11, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
> > It would also kill CTFE for stuff that isn't a template.
>
> I never thought of that.. interesting, so if you want to hide your
> sources your users won't be able to use CTFE. (I don't mind that, idc
> about any closed-source D /libraries/).

Templates need to be in the .di file regardless, but for anything not in the
.di file, you can't inline it or use it in CTFE. As such, I'm generally very
much against the use of .di files. We've actually had some issues with stuff not
being CTFEable because its source wasn't in druntime's .di files.

- Jonathan M Davis