dmd/druntime/phobos makefile horror

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Fri Dec 16 12:35:03 PST 2011

On Friday, 16 December 2011 at 15:48:50 UTC, Trass3r wrote:
> (Another really bad one is dmd's makefile not allowing to
> specify debug/release while the windows version sort of does)

I wonder, would it be hard to write our own make implementation
(in D) to replace the DigitalMars one? The goal would be to add
support for all the GNU extensions that the posix makefiles use
(and the win32 ones make up for with metric tons of copy-pasta),
perhaps add built-ins for common POSIX commands, and unify the
makefiles.