Second Round CURL Wrapper Review

Justin C Calvarese technocrat7+d at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 07:21:42 PST 2011

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 5:56 AM, jdrewsen <jdrewsen at nospam.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, 15 December 2011 at 07:46:56 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

>  I'd argue that the acronyms should be in all caps if camelcasing would
>> require that the first letter of the acronym be capitalized and all lower
>> case if camelcasing would require that the first letter of the acronym be
>> lower case. We're not completely consistent in how we using acronyms in
>> names in Phobos, but I believe that we primarily follow that rule when
>> putting them in symbol names. So, for instance, it would be HTTP, FTP, and
>> SMTP rather than Http, Ftp, and Smtp.
>>

> I like Http better as personal taste. But if HTTP is preferred then I'll
> do that. Actually I think I will make a pull request to extend the
> dlang.org/dstyle.html doc with and example that we can point to when
> someone asks about styling. I've spend too much time restyling because
> there is no such style doc already and people are complaining about style
> in reviews anyway.

I absolutely agree that the "D Style" page should be revised and extended
to reflect the current standards that new Phobos modules are expected to
adhere to.

I found an open pull request that indicates a past effort in this regard:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/d-programming-language.org/pull/16

(I thought that another document was also floating around that was a
proposed new "Style Guide for Phobos", but I don't recall who authored it
and I don't remember where it was located.)

jcc7