auto testing

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 17 11:54:24 PST 2011

On 12/17/2011 4:56 AM, Robert Clipsham wrote:
> On 17/12/2011 06:40, Brad Roberts wrote:
>> On 12/16/2011 1:29 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
>>> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 6:43 PM, Brad Roberts<braddr at puremagic.com<mailto:braddr at puremagic.com>>  wrote:
>>>

>>>      Left to do:
>>>
>>>       1) deploy changes to the tester hosts (it's on 2 already)
>>
>> done
>>
>>>       2) finish the ui
>>
>> very ugly but minimally functional: http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/pulls.ghtml
>>
>>>       3) trigger pull rebuilds when trunk is updated
>>
>> partly implemented, but not being done yet
>
> Idea: I noticed most pull requests were failing when I looked at it, due to the main build failing - that's a lot of
> wasted computing time. Perhaps it would be a good idea to refuse to test pulls if dmd HEAD isn't compiling? This would
> be problematic for the 1/100 pull requests designed to fix this, but would save a lot of testing.
>
> An alternative method could be to test all of them, but if the pull request previously passed, then dmd HEAD broke, then
> the pull broke, stop testing until dmd HEAD is fixed.

Yeah.  I know I need to do something in that space and just haven't yet.  This whole thing is only a few evenings old
and is just now starting to really work.  I'm still focused on making sure it's grossly functional enough to be useful.
 Optimizations and polish will wait a little longer.

Thanks,
Brad