Export and Protected Scoping in Dynamic Libraries

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Dec 17 14:27:12 PST 2011

On 12/17/11 1:22 PM, Adam Wilson wrote:
> I know DLL's are relatively new to D so not much documentation exists
> about how they work in D. I think this would be something good to
> document, especially the special behaviors for Windows. I have to admit
> that, coming from a C# and C++ background, I've been a little confused
> by how the scope system works in relation to dynamic libraries and have
> been shooting the dark trying to figure it out. Thanks for the
> clarifications! Hopefully this lesson will become part of the D lore
> surrounding dynamic libs. :-)

The best thing you'd do is to write an article - an RFC - about it,
which we publish on the website. While in draft mode, the article
documents what needs be done, and after the implementation of shared
libs is done (and there's a lot of momentum behind it), the article will
become a great description of it.

Andrei