d future or plans for d3

Trass3r un at known.com
Sun Dec 18 07:26:37 PST 2011

Am 18.12.2011, 01:09 Uhr, schrieb Ruslan Mullakhmetov <tiabaldu at gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
>   I want to ask you about D future, i mean next big iteration of D and
> propose some new feature, agent-based programming. Currently, after
> introducing C++11 i see the only advantages of D over C++11 except
> syntax sugare is  garbage collector and modules.

Sorry, but you clearly haven't used D for anything serious.
You still have plenty of things like static if, compile-time reflection
and CTFE which is basically _impossible_ in C++.
And even if you consider C++11, it's just awful compared to D. I
constantly wonder why they had to invent such a horrible syntax. That has
nothing to do with syntax sugar. D just got it straight.