Bugzilla patches

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 18 23:29:56 PST 2011

On 12/18/2011 11:20 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 12:13 AM, Andrew Wiley <wiley.andrew.j at gmail.com <mailto:wiley.andrew.j at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Walter Bright
>     <newshound2 at digitalmars.com <mailto:newshound2 at digitalmars.com>> wrote:
>     > I'm looking for volunteers to convert all the remaining patches in Bugzilla
>     > to pull requests.
>
>     I could take a crack at it, although if you're going to do that, why
>     not move the issue tracking to Github as well and take advantage of
>     the integration?
>

> Github's issue tracking, while slick, is still fairly primitive.  It doesn't support attachments, for instance.

Github has some ability to integrate with external bugzilla's too.  Adding notes to bugs when they're mentioned in pull
requests.  Possibly even closing them when pull requests are closed.  It's been a while since I read about it and I
haven't yet played with it myself.  I need to upgrade to a newer version of bugzilla first.  I've had it on my low
priority todo list for a while.

Does github's bug tracker have an export data feature?  ie, the ability to make backups and/or move the data to another
system?  For the git repository itself it's trivial and inherent in git itself.  I'm reluctant to house project critical
data in a system that we don't have good control over.  Websites come and go and we need to remain viable belong their
lifespans.

Last time I looked I didn't see an import feature either.  We've got TONS of open bugs already and there's no way I want
to split our database across multiple systems.

My 2 cents,
Brad