d future or plans for d3

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 00:28:51 PST 2011

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 23:29:38 -0800, Vladimir Panteleev
<vladimir at thecybershadow.net> wrote:

> On Monday, 19 December 2011 at 07:27:14 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 23:19:41 -0800, Vladimir Panteleev
>> <vladimir at thecybershadow.net> wrote:

>>> Not true :)
>>
>> Hehe, I mean't outside the D community. I can think of five people off
>> the top of my head inside the D community who are interested in it,
>> myself excluded. ;-P
>
> Ah. D'oh. Yeah, I think the thing closest to D is the Boehm GC (which
> has a good amount of research associated with it, I believe).

Ahh yes, Boehm. According to this wikipedia page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boehm_garbage_collector it is also the GC
that is used by D, with some minor modifications of course. If this is
really the case then we really would be pushing the boundaries of GC
research. My finger has been hovering over the buy link for the GC book
for days ... I'm getting closer. I may not be much of compiler guy, but
memory management and GC's have been a subject near and dear to my heart
for some years now.

--
Adam Wilson
Project Coordinator