List of updated libraries

torhu no at spam.invalid
Mon Dec 19 04:27:43 PST 2011

On 19.12.2011 12:34, Henrik Nordvik wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Vladimir Panteleev
> <vladimir at thecybershadow.net>  wrote:

>>>  That wasn't very updated. I checked a sample of the links, and a lot were
>>>  dead, from 2003, 2004, 2006 etc.
>>>  With so many dead project I get the feeling that D is dead. I fact, I have
>>>  found almost no active projects.
>>

>>  Well, it's a wiki... if you have a few minutes of free time, you should edit
>>  the page to help future readers.
>
> Why are so many libraries abandoned?
>
> D - the language without libraries.
>
> Why are so many libraries abandoned?

This is no different from other languages, it's just that dsource.org
makes the dead projects highly visible by showing a complete list of all
projects.  And there's no activity statistics or anything to show which
ones are still active.

Imagine how many thousands of dead C and Java projects there are on
SourceForge.  I would guess that about 99% of all open source projects
are dead, it's just that you never hear about them.