DI Generation Needs your Help!

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Dec 19 05:22:10 PST 2011

On 19.12.2011 09:11, Adam Wilson wrote:
> Currently, I feel that private imports should be stripped from the DI
> file as they are intended to be internal to the module. However, I want
> to put it to the community to decide, and I would especially appreciate
> Mr. Bright's opinion on private imports in DI files.

I'd very much like the dependencies to be shrinked in the di file, but I
think you can only remove private imports if you can guarantee that no
symbols are referenced by the generated di file (e.g. function
signatures, variable types, templates).

IIRC removing imports might also have an influence on generated static
ctor execution order, because there are some optimizations that remove
dependencies if no imports with static ctors are found in a referenced
module.

Otherwise, having a version of the di file without any implementation
sounds like a good idea.