List of updated libraries

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Dec 19 07:09:45 PST 2011

"torhu" <no at spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:jclttq$trj$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 19.12.2011 00:20, Henrik Nordvik wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am looking for an updated list of D projects or libraries that are
>> actively being maintained. I just wasted several hours getting a
>> library to work which apparently has been abandoned (DSSS/rebuild,
>> last change ~3 years ago.).
>> The list on dsource.org doesn't have any indication of whether the
>> project is active or not.
>> Are there any updated resources for this? I think it is very important
>> to have this information somewhere accessible, so that users are not
>> misinformed about what libraries to use, like I was.
>>

> Unfortunately, I think you would have to check the commit log and the
> timeline of dsource projects to know if they are still being maintained.
> Or ask for recommendations on this newsgroup when you need a library.
>
> If you need a build tool, you could check out xfbuild.  Or just rdmd
> (comes with dmd) for simple cases.

RDMD works perfectly fine for any case that xfbuild can handle. I would
honestly recommend it over xfbuild. You just have to make sure you use the
RDMD from at least DMD 2.056.

I've had a couple problems with xfbuild, though:

1. It tries to do incremental building which sometimes leads to the object
files missing some symbols that they should have, and then you get link
errors untill you do a clean (due to some DMD issues, AIUI)

2. I was never able to get it to work at all with D2 (but maybe that's
changed?)