Java > Scala

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Dec 19 13:35:21 PST 2011

Walter:

> The only worthwhile skill with punchcards is trying to delicately punch out
> every hole without breaking any of the bridges between holes.

Given the amount of time it takes to punch the cards, waiting for your turn to run the program, and reading the printouts, I think punchcards also teach you to use your brain first and to think before doing/trying things, instead of going by trial and error. Trial and error is an efficient strategy only if you have interactive tools that speedup the cycle and the problems to solve are not too much hard.

Bye,
bearophile