Bridging C++ and C#

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 16:09:05 PST 2011

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 15:53:25 -0800, Brad Anderson <eco at gnuk.net> wrote:

> The Mono guys are doing some interesting stuff with being able to access
> C++ from C# (and other CLR languages) that I thought some people in here
> might find interesting.
>
> http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2011/Dec-19.html
>
> It makes me wonder how practical it would be to build upon their work to
> extend the support for C++ D already has.

Ok, THIS is seriously cool, if I had this today for D it would make my
life about 10 times simpler. Interoperation with D and .NET is currently
only possible via either PInvoke (but no objects) or via COM which is
clunky and not cross-platform. This would solve that. And like with this
tool it could be done by feeding a tool the proper .DI files. Definitely
something worthy of investigation.

--
Adam Wilson
Project Coordinator