Java > Scala

ddverne droidevr at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 19 16:55:34 PST 2011

On Monday, 19 December 2011 at 20:48:28 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Sure, you can interpret that as arrogance on my part, with
> justification.
>
> On the other hand, I have a lot of experience working with
> people who do know assembler, and who do not. I see the effects
> of not knowing it in their code, and in the types of problems
> they are unable to solve without assistance.
>
> You are going to be a better C, C++, or D programmer if you're
> comfortable with assembler.

Just a note and I will cease my case.

I'm not saying which what you said about "Assembler's programmers
do a better program/code" is right or wrong, instead, I'm saying
that you should avoid this type of commentary on community where
you are one of the leaders because some people may felt offended
and you can have your image tarnished.

And no matter what anyone says, I respect you a lot for your work.