d future or plans for d3

Froglegs lugtug at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 02:21:41 PST 2011

  I've only recently tried D out, but what I'd like to see..

-GC being truly optional
-being able to specify if the standard library should use GC or
not, perhaps with allocators
-if D is going to have a GC, then a precise, compacting one would
be cool, but not if it gets in the way of making the GC optional

  One thing I'm not sure about, D classes are virtual by default,
but if you mark all functions as final does the class still
contain a VFP or any other cruft?
  Also why are class functions virtual by default? My experience
in C++ is that I rarely use virtual, so I don't really understand
why that is the default.