initializedArray

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 04:55:08 PST 2011

I think it would be cool to have an initializedArray function, which
creates and initializes an array with a *specific* initializer. A
hardcoded example would be:

import std.array;

auto initializedArray(F:float[])(size_t size, float init)
{
    auto arr = uninitializedArray!(float[])(size);
    arr[] = init;
    return arr;
}

void main()
{
    float[] arr = initializedArray!(float[])(3, 0.0f);
    assert(arr[] == [0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f]);
}

Currently there's no D syntax for using new on arrays and specifying a
specific initializer, so maybe we should have this as a library
function. Thoughts?