d future or plans for d3

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Tue Dec 20 06:49:34 PST 2011

On 12/20/2011 11:57 AM, bearophile wrote:
> Timon Gehr:
>
>> If you don't need virtual functions, you should probably use
>> structs instead of classes. (you are not doing OOP anyway.)
>
> I don't agree with both that statements.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

1. He does not want type info. Structs don't have type info. He does not
want virtual functions. Structs don't support virtual functions. Ergo he
should use mostly structs. Please defend your disagreement.

2. Dynamic binding is a core concept of OOP. A language that does not
support dynamic binding does not support OOP. A program that does not
use dynamic binding is not object oriented. What is to disagree with?