d future or plans for d3

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Tue Dec 20 08:58:30 PST 2011

> On Tuesday, December 20, 2011 15:49:34 Timon Gehr wrote:
>> 2. Dynamic binding is a core concept of OOP. A language that does not
>> support dynamic binding does not support OOP. A program that does not
>> use dynamic binding is not object oriented. What is to disagree with?
>
> I don't agree with that either. You don't need polymorphism for OOP. It's
> quite restricted without it, but you can still program with objects even if
> you're restricted to something like D's structs, so you're still doing OOP.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

No. That is glorified procedural style. 'Objects' as in 'OOP' carry data
and _behavior_, structs don't (except if you give them some function
pointers, but that is just implementing poor man's polymorphism.)

Having some kind of dynamic execution model is a requirement for OOP.
There are no two ways about it.