[dpl.org] License of the content (need for Wikipedia)

Alexander Malahov anm at programmer.net
Tue Dec 20 11:17:31 PST 2011

Hello everyone,

I want to add D logo to its wikipedia's article, but it requires
license [1].

Also, russian D wiki page relys havily on the articles from the
dpl.org (for what I've checked, 95% of the content is just
translation). So, it would be nice, if content of the whole site
would have some permissive license.

I'm not sure how this works, but I think you have following
1. send "Declaration of consent for all enquiries" to wikimedia
[2]
2. add comment to the <image> in the html source
3. add comment in the beginnig of all pages' html, just under
copyright

Licenses recommended for images:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:File_copyright_tags#For_image_creators

List of all free licenses:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:File_copyright_tags/Free_licenses

Recommended is Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution-ShareAlike [3],
it's used for wikipedia's articles.

In case you'll choose CC, but not sure which one suits best, here
is handy helper:
http://creativecommons.org/choose/

-----
[1] I think it would be ok to use it under "fair use"
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Fair_use), but that will
preclude uploading of the logo to Wikimedia Commons, hence will
require separate upload for every language (en, ru, fr, ...)

[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Declaration_of_consent_for_all_enquiries

[3] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/