DI Generation Needs your Help!

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 00:10:06 PST 2011

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 03:49:35 -0800, Andrej Mitrovic
<andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:

> Derelict works ok now, good work!

This is fantastic news! Thanks for helping to test these changes. :-)

> However, the .di files end up eating newlines.
>
> Before:
> double ALLEGRO_USECS_TO_SECS(long x)
> {
> return x / 1e+06;
> }
> double ALLEGRO_MSECS_TO_SECS(long x)
> {
> return x / 1000;
> }
> double ALLEGRO_BPS_TO_SECS(int x)
> {
> return 1 / x;
> }
>
> After:
> double ALLEGRO_USECS_TO_SECS(long x);double ALLEGRO_MSECS_TO_SECS(long
> x);double ALLEGRO_BPS_TO_SECS(int x);
>
> I've tried merging
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/538 but it doesn't
> fix this.

I noticed similar issues before I made changes to DI generation, but
fixing it wasn't as high a priority as getting it working. For now I am
going to continue testing the current changes, however, I would be open to
prettifying it later. I think the simple fix is to add an extra newline
between those functions.

--
Adam Wilson
Project Coordinator