DI Generation Needs your Help!

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 00:12:28 PST 2011

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 04:41:11 -0800, Andrei Alexandrescu

> On 12/20/11 2:03 AM, Adam Wilson wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 00:11:25 -0800, Adam Wilson <flyboynw at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> The latest DI generation code is now on my Git account and ready for
>> testing. It fixes the following issues:
>>
>> 1. Privates should exist in the DI file to support public templates.
>> 2. Template classes and functions retain their implementations.
>> 3. Immutable types should retain their initializers.
>
> Great!
>
>> At this point I could really use testing; you can download them from my
>> git account here: https://LightBender@github.com/LightBender/dmd.git
>> I am trying to get myself setup for building phobos as a test but this
>> is proving to be a lengthy process.
>
> Nah, it's much easier than you might think. The posix.mak makefile is
> very small for what it does, and you need to literally change one line
> of code to make it generate .di headers.
>

> Andrei

Is it be add the proper -H options? I'll try it tomorrow, events pretty
much overran my day today. If the new DI gen can build valid Phobos DI's I
think it is time to consider opening a pull request and get feedback from
the maintainers. Any disagreement with that?

--
Adam Wilson
Project Coordinator