Pipe-Syntax?

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 04:54:36 PST 2011

Perhaps I should think more about it, but right now I am 100% against it, as
it makes the code extremely unreadable to an imperative programmer.

I will have to become a ~100% functional programmer to understand what all
those overloaded operators do behind the scenes. To me | is a bitwise OR
operator, end of story. When I see "|>" and similar in functional languages,
I get a headache...
My opinion - we should strive for a good ballance between imperative and
declarative in D, not to include every possible feature a functional
language might have.

If you really, really want something like that, then the D way would be to
use the "~" operator perhaps...