Proposal for custom time string formatting in std.datetime

Somedude lovelydear at mailmetrash.com
Thu Dec 22 02:51:55 PST 2011

Le 22/12/2011 04:41, Jonathan M Davis a écrit :

> So, what do you think?
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Honestly ? The simpler, the better.

I've hardly ever seen anyone complain about the primitive formatting
functions available in other languages. It's not like anyone wants
something super sophisticated when doing date formatting.
Experience tells me that for such mundane tasks, what you want is:
- something that does what you want simply
- something fast

And that's about it. In fact, I am not even sure that custom formats are
useful, when standard ones are perfectly suited for the task.