Could we use something better than zip for the dmd package?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Dec 22 09:07:30 PST 2011

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
news:jcvnrs$2e3f$2 at digitalmars.com...
> On 12/22/11 10:45 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> 1. "If you're a programmer, or even just a power user, you have
>> absolutely no excuse not to *already* have a 7z-capable program
>> [EDIT: such as WinRAR, for instance] installed."
>
> Wrong.

Ok then, if you're claiming that I'm wrong and a programmer *does* have a
legitimate excuse for not having a 7z-capable program, perhaps you could
state what that legitimate excuse is instead of merely being contradictory?