Proposal for custom time string formatting in std.datetime

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Dec 22 10:13:21 PST 2011

On Thursday, December 22, 2011 18:33:46 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> That doesn't sound right. If std.datetime can't be tested like the rest
> of Phobos there's something quite seriously wrong with it.

It can be, and it is. Previously, there were issues compiling it on Windows
which caused the compiler to run out of memory. So, I added a version
identifier for the unit tests which was disable on Windows. Those issues have
been fixed, so the version identifier is now always enabled. I left it in,
because it made Don's life easier when he was trying to reduce compiler bugs
(since, without the unit tests, less gets pulled in, and less of std.datetime
gets instantiated). The version identifier could be removed, but the ease of
disabling the unit tests if necessary merited leaving it in.

- Jonathan M Davis