Could we use something better than zip for the dmd package?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Dec 23 00:48:43 PST 2011

On 12/21/11 5:52 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Wednesday, 21 December 2011 at 23:48:57 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>>
>>> 1) Go to a GitHub project
>>> 2) Open the Downloads tab
>>> 3) Click "Choose a new file"
>>> 4) Enter a short description
>>> 5) Click "Start Upload"
>>>
>>> That's all. You can even link directly to GitHub downloads.
>>
>> 1. How do we do that programmatically?
>
> Downloads are programmable with GitHub's API. They have an easy-to-use
> script, too:
>
> https://github.com/github/upload

I got the uploading script, and now I'm trying:

./github_upload test andralex/phobos

where test is a zero-bytes file. The script yields:

ERROR: Target file does not exist

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Andrei