Proposal for custom time string formatting in std.datetime

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Fri Dec 23 03:15:30 PST 2011

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 02:21:37 -0000, Walter Bright
<newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 12/22/2011 11:25 AM, Piotr Szturmaj wrote:
>> I wish D could support partial modules - partial as analogy to C#'s
>> partial
>> classes.
>>
>> module std.datetime-unit1;
>> import std.datetime-unit2;
>> // dash allowed only in submodules with the same module name
>>
>> module std.datetime-unit2;
>> import std.datetime-unit1;
>>
>> // then
>>
>> module whatever;
>> import std.datetime; // as usual
>

> I have no idea why anyone would want this. (Is it because the file is
> too big to fit on a floppy disk? <g>)

It's of most benefit (IMO) for the Visual Studio IDE/GUI designer code.
The automated code generation goes into one source file, in a partial
class.  The user defined code into another source file/partial class.  It
makes life easier for both the developer and the GUI designer code itself.