Proposal for custom time string formatting in std.datetime

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 23 03:21:48 PST 2011

On 23/12/2011 11:04, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Friday, December 23, 2011 10:17:00 Stewart Gordon wrote:
>> On 23/12/2011 03:55, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> <snip>

>>> %isoweek and %C2isoweek
>>
>> What are you saying?  That the documentation is wrong, and %isoweek emits a
>> year, not a week?
>
> %isoweek emits a week. If it's not the week that you mean, then what are you
> talking about? I've obviously misunderstood.

I said "week-numbering year".  How can that phrase mean a kind of week?

The week-numbering year is the year to which the ISO week belongs.  Most of the time this
corresponds to the actual year, but around year boundaries it sometimes differs by 1.  For
example, week 52 of 2011 goes from 2011-12-26 to 2012-01-01 inclusive.  The last of these
dates isn't in the calendar year 2011, but it is still in the ISO week 2011-W52, so the
week-numbering year is 2011.

Stewart.