RFC: std.uuid

Piotr Szturmaj bncrbme at jadamspam.pl
Fri Dec 23 14:09:32 PST 2011

Johannes Pfau wrote:
> Related question to the SHA/MD5 hash functions: could those be pure?

Weakly pure, yes - but for what?. Btw. I just gave a try at compile time
evaluation of these hashes. I got rid of memcpy but then endianness
issues arise. According to CTFE docs:

"non-portable casts (eg, from int[] to float[]), including casts which
depend on endianness, are not permitted."

and the sad part is that hash source code involves endianness. So, there
will be no compile-time hash support unless compiler would allow casting
from uint[] to ubyte[] or uint* to ubyte*.