RFC: std.uuid

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Dec 23 16:53:12 PST 2011

On Saturday, December 24, 2011 01:31:46 Piotr Szturmaj wrote:
> Yes, Johannes probably want to mark uuid hash gen as pure. I just wanted
> to know if its something important as my code used memcpy which is impure.

We really need to find a way for the C memory functions to be considered pure
like the D ones are short of having to use casts inside functions using them.
Appender has the same problem for the same reason, I believe, which makes a
lot of functions in Phobos not be able to be pure when they should be able to
be.

- Jonathan M Davis