Raspberry Pi - raspberrypi.org

Andrew Wiley wiley.andrew.j at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 23:26:40 PST 2011

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 11:10 PM, Steve Teale
<steve.teale at britseyeview.com> wrote:
> Now here's an interesting target for D - this little beast could sell in
> millions, and could be the way that many youngsters start out as
> programmers.
>
> Presumably LDC would be the quickest thing to get on there?
>
> Steve

GDC on ARM has been working reasonably well for a while now (although
I get an ICE when building the latest trunk - still trying to come up
with enough information for a bug report). There's one major bug that
requires the section-anchors optimization to be disabled.

Last I tried LDC on ARM, it built and segfaulted when building the
standard library. GCC code generation for ARM is apparently
significantly better than LLVM, so I haven't looked much farther into
LDC.