Carmack about static analysis

so so at so.so
Sat Dec 24 16:51:54 PST 2011

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 01:51:57 +0200, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com>
wrote:

> But a problem is that such D code is full of braces and parentheses that
> make such code hard to read and write (I agree with Andrei that D is not
> very designed for such kind of code, but the fact doesn't change).

Absolutely agree braces and parens are ugly and unreadable.
Yet if your solution to this particular case is functional syntax, i
disagree.
It doesn't make it readable, at least when you are not writing "sample"
code.
When things get ugly (they do) braces and parens are your only friends.

Whenever i see those that suggest tabs instead of braces, i can't help
thinking that they just write "sample" code.

I would love to have "a => a*a" for only lambdas but for generic case i
haven't seen anything that could replace parens and braces.