Cannot find libphobos2.a ?

Andre Tampubolon andre at lc.vlsm.org
Tue Dec 27 06:29:26 PST 2011

I just successfully built dmd, druntime, and phobos from the git tree.

Later I tried using this command to build a simple D program, and failed:
~/Digital-Mars/dmd/src/dmd -I~/Digital-Mars/druntime/import
-I~/DigitalMars/phobos
-L-L~/Digital-Mars/phobos/generated/linux/release/32/lib/libphobos2.a test.d

The error is:
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
--- errorlevel 1

Yet it's obvious that libphobos2.a is in
~/Digital-Mars/phobos/generated/linux/release/32. But if I didn't use
the linker flag, and instead put libphobos2.a in /usr/lib, that command
would work.

So how to use specify the linker flag correctly?