A nice way to step into 2012

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 07:21:08 PST 2011

On Tuesday, 27 December 2011 at 15:19:07 UTC, dsimcha wrote:
> On Tuesday, 27 December 2011 at 15:11:25 UTC, Andrei
> Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Imagine how bitter I am that the string lambda syntax didn't
>> catch on!
>>
>> Andrei
>
> Please tell me they're not going anywhere.  I **really** don't
> want to deal with those being deprecated.

...and they were kind of useful in that you could introspect the
string and apply optimizations depending on what the lambda was.
I wrote a sorting function that introspected the lambda that was
passed to it.  If it was "a < b", "a<b", "a > b", etc., and the
array to be sorted was floating point, it punned and bit twiddled
the floats/doubles to ints/longs, sorted them and bit twiddled
and punned them back.