compiling dmd

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Dec 27 10:03:48 PST 2011

> On 12/27/11 10:50 AM, Trass3r wrote:
>> But even the dmd source itself has to be rebuilt every time if you don't
>> want strange errors and that's C++.
>>
>> I don't even know if it's a laughing matter or not.
>
> I think it's a makefile matter.

The makefile for dmd doesn't have the dependencies on .h files set up properly.
If a .h file is changed, the thing to do is make clean and then build.

(Even when I do set up the .h file dependencies right, bit rot creeps in and
wastes my time trying to figure out what went wrong. I just make clean and rebuild.)