A nice way to step into 2012

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Dec 27 10:08:26 PST 2011

On 12/27/2011 2:51 AM, deadalnix wrote:
> Maybe I'll seem bitter, but I do not think this changement was really that
> important. This is nice, ok, but we have some other really serious flaw, like
> shared not doing what it is supposed to do.

Technically, it is not important at all. It adds zero power and functionality.
All it is is a simple syntactical rewrite within the compiler to the old syntax.

However, and this is a big however, aesthetically it is a large improvement.
People using many diverse languages have made it clear that this is the
preferred syntax for lambdas. They expect to see it, or else they mark D as "not
having lambdas" and "not supporting functional programming".

Syntax matters.