compiling dmd

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Dec 27 12:28:27 PST 2011

On 12/27/11 2:10 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Problem is lack of automation (in this case makdepend).
>
> I've used makedepend before. (I even wrote one!) It just never caught on.

It's improved a tone lately, particularly since gcc has built-in support
for it. It all comes back to using Unix as your development environment.

>  > As usual, I have an
>  > optimistic view on the help that automation can bring to our project.
>
> All my build scripts start with make clean.

One good realization to make is how less efficient that makes you. You
got used to that overhead so plentily, you consider it now par for the
course.

Andrei