*sigh*

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Wed Dec 28 01:58:53 PST 2011

On Tuesday, 27 December 2011 at 22:51:20 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic
wrote:
> On 12/27/11, Vladimir Panteleev <vladimir at thecybershadow.net>
> wrote:
>> and temporarily disabling "Windows Sounds" works well enough.
>
> Oh man, I forgot those could block. But I had them off anyway.
> They were fun back in Win98 days with those cool space themes.
> They had awesome intro's. :)

Heh, it's not the blocking, it's the incessant distracting
beeping :)

If a program starts calling MessageBeep in a loop, the system
will keep beeping for a long time after, even if you kill the
program. I think restarting the Windows Audio service gets rid of
it.