CURL Wrapper: Congratulations Next up: std.serialize

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 28 10:43:10 PST 2011

On Wednesday, 28 December 2011 at 16:01:50 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> Running the unit tests:
> ./unittest.sh
>
> Use "make" to compile the library or create an executable using
> rdmd.
>
> A few things to think about that need to be resolved:
>
> * This is quite a large library and I really don't want to put
> it all into one module. I'm hoping it will be OK with a package

So the package would be std.serialize?

> * I would really like to keep the unit tests in their own
> modules because they're quite large and the modules are already
> large without the unit tests in them

Sounds reasonable.  It goes against the Phobos convention, but it
sounds like you have a good reason to.

> * The unit tests use a kind of mini-unit test framework. Should
> that be kept or removed?

I haven't looked at it yet, but if it's generally useful, maybe
it should be extracted and exposed as part of Phobos.  I'd say
keep it for now but keep it private, and later make a proposal
for a full review to make it a public, official part of Phobos.