A nice way to step into 2012

Max Samukha maxsamukha at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 01:07:20 PST 2011

On 12/29/2011 01:49 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 December 2011 at 22:57:29 UTC, bearophile wrote:
>> (while I have not written a significant amount of functional-style
>> code in Javascript)
>
> It looks fine if you use named functions or a little whitespace
> around the literals (same as D!).

I had been a stupidly staunch defender of braces/semicolons before I
actually tried the languages with significant indentation. Since then, I
find C-like syntaxes not so attractive, to say the least. It takes a
while to fall out of the bad habit typing all that punctuation but the
result is rewarding.

Comparing CoffeeScript and the equivalent JavaScript code at
http://jashkenas.github.com/coffee-script/, it is obvious that
JavaScript is unnecessarily noisy.