System programming in D (Was: The God Language)

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Dec 29 10:57:40 PST 2011

Vladimir Panteleev:

> The fact that major vendors
> come up with their own extensions to do many of the same features
> shows that they might have better been standardized.

Right. (This is why once I have asked for a explicitly not implemented computed gotos, to have them in D standard despite DMD doesn't implement them (LDC/GDC are probably able implement them quickly)).

On the other hand D2 already makes standard several of the non-standard features of GNU C.

Bye,
bearophile