System programming in D (Was: The God Language)

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Thu Dec 29 21:54:52 PST 2011

On Thursday, 29 December 2011 at 20:58:59 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> I don't think you should use DMD to benchmark the D language.

You're missing my point. We can't count that optimizers in all
implementations will be perfect. I am suggesting language
features which could provide guarantees to the programmer
regarding how the code will be compiled. If an implementation
cannot satisfy them, the programmer should be told so, so he
could try something else - rather than having to sift through
disassembler listings or use a profiler.