A nice way to step into 2012

so so at so.so
Fri Dec 30 17:27:18 PST 2011

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 02:40:24 +0200, Don <nospam at nospam.com> wrote:

> I think: there are cases when named parameters are beneficial. There are
> cases where they are detrimental.
> Is it possible to get the first, without the second, and without much
> complexity?

If we keep rules simple as possible i think it is possible.
For that we need our own rules i think, remembering all those rules
suggested here
i can understand why people have issues with them.

> (I'm thinking of something like, a colon before the parameter name means
> the name is part of the API).

This i don't like, we shouldn't change anything on API side.
All they need to know is that their parameter names (if they provid one)
might be used in NPs.
Otherwise it would complicate both implementation and usability.