Having fun making tutorials

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 14:48:39 PST 2011

I've just uploaded this page:
http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?D__Tutorial/CompilingLinkingD

It's a small guide on using DMD and Optlink, and the usual confusion with linker errors when using the import switch. Still it's too Windows specific and it doesn't discuss DLLs. I think they're special enough to warrant a new page, and I might be writing about them soon. I'm no expert though.

A few days ago I've also written a small guide on how a typical D template works from the ground up (in this case unaryFun):
http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?D__Tutorial/D2Templates

I'm trying not to duplicate the effort and re-explain everything that TDPL already explains perfectly. What other areas are newbies typically struggling with when it comes to D?

Actually, I could use a good tutorial or two for myself! :)