DVCS vs. Subversion brittleness (was Re: Moving to D)

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Feb 1 20:34:26 PST 2011

Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> Is this why you've made your own version of make and microemacs for
> Windows? I honestly can't blame you. :)

Microemacs floated around the intarnets for free back in the 80's, and I liked
it because it was very small, fast, and customizable. Having an editor that fit
in 50k was just the ticket for a floppy based system. Most code editors of the
day were many times larger, took forever to load, etc.

I wrote my own make because I needed one to sell and so couldn't use someone else's.