new documentation format for std.algorithm

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 02:00:13 PST 2011

On 02.02.2011 11:45, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Following ideas and advice from this newsgroup, I have a draft at
>
> http://d-programming-language.org/cutting-edge/phobos/std_algorithm.html
>
> There are two tables, one with just the names and the other with names
> and a brief description. Let me know of any feedback. Thanks!

That's definitely much better, I mean grouping related names by tags in
general is just plain great.
And I like this simple list of mini-examples - sort of cheat-sheet you
may have around in printed form.
Now some issues:
All in all  I was frustrated with enum names listed along functions.
And, yeah, Levenstain Distance related EditOp.remove is a nice catcha,
and it's still there. I mean, clicking on remove in 'Mutation' table
brings you to this enum description,  even though there *is* remove
which I can find using browser string find.
Also remove is missing in mini-examples which is odd, and given the
above problem newbies may conclude that there  is no remove in
std.algorithm ;)

--
Dmitry Olshansky